Tuesday 22 January 2013

Yoga and what I'm excited about!

For the last year, I have been doing yoga the cheap way: in my own home, with the help of free youtube videos. My favourite youtube yoga instructor by far is Tara Stiles.

Her videos are quite short (between 5-10min) so I usually do a few in a row. She also uploads a lot of simple cooking videos, which have inspired me to experiment more in the kitchen and try new things.

I just found out this morning that she is coming to Toronto for a weekend! She's coming to do a two-day workshop for teachers or teachers in training, which I am not. Luckily, she's doing two open classes on both mornings. The fee for the class is pretty high compared to most drop ins, but considering she's sort of a celebrity yogi, I'm willing to pay. Also, I've been using her youtube videos for a year for free, so to meet and learn from her in person is definitely worth it for me!
The class isn't until mid May though! I'm definitely looking forward to it!

I think I might treat myself to her DVD set in the meantime.

It's through her yoga videos that I have been getting closer to my goal of being able to do a handstand on my own. I suggest everyone go to her youtube channel and try out some yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment