- one and a half cups (or so) of oats
- some fair trade dark chocolate
- handful of organic raw almonds, smushed and smashed a bit in a blender
- small handful of organic raw walnuts also crushed a bit in the blender
- some flax seeds
- small handful of organic dried sour cherries
- a tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- a tablespoon (or more) of REAL maple syrup
Adjust measurements as you need to. Maybe you like a lot of oats, maybe you don't! You get to choose, because you're making it!
What to do:
- preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- mix it all in a bowl
- spread it out on a baking sheet
- I smushed mine down so that it would make large chunks
- bake for around 20min but watch it so that it doesn't burn!
- take it out of the oven and let it cool on the tray if you want big chunks. If you don't want chunks, stir it a bit while cooking and when you take it out of the oven.
- try not to eat it all at once!
- or, put it in a jar and make a label. Add some fabric and a ribbon to give it as a gift!