Monday 16 November 2015

Sneak Peek at a blog project coming soon!

Hi friends! I've been thinking about a cool concept for some future posts I'd like to make. 

I'm going to be making posts about stuff that I own. 

I often think about the idea of needing material items, and how we can create meaning or have absolutely no meaning attached to them. In the last several years of my life, I have become more minimalist in what I own, but also very minimalist in what I accumulate. 

Here's what I think makes my things kind of special, and special enough to share with you: most of my things have a "story". I wasn't really aware of this, until a new friend I'd made would often compliment something I had, and then I'd respond with gratitude, followed by a description of where the item came from. I remember her telling me "everything you own has it's own special story!". I hadn't really thought of that before, because I guess I thought everyone's everything had stories too. 

She's right, though. If I'm complimented on an article of clothing or jewellery, you will rarely hear me respond "thanks it's from *insert some store* and it was on sale!"
(Unless you're complimenting my running shoes because yes, they're from the Running Room and I got them on sale. But no one's complimented my running shoes because they're pretty much the same as everyone else's)

Here are a few sneak peeks at things I just happened to already have photos of on my computer. In the next few weeks, I plan on taking good photos of my list of items and categorizing them into appropriate blog posts. I'm pretty excited to share with you all the stories and memories associated with everything!

Handwarmers- Fall, 2015


Belt- Summer, 2005


Toque- Winter, 2008


Scarf- photo from 2008 and I thought it was funny so added it in here

No comments:

Post a Comment