Sunday 1 January 2012

My Favourite Melodies of All Time

Since my blog has been very visual so far, I decided to make an audio post. As I am a musician, I guess it was only a matter of time. I decided to post my favourite melodies as youtube videos, so maybe some of them will have some visuals anyhow! Now, these are not particularly my favourite songs, or favourite artists, but my favourite melodies.
These are in no particular order:

Vivadi- Four Seasons, Winter- II. Largo


This melody is so beautiful. When I hear it, I think of the most loving lullaby ever written. It is so precious.

Mozart- Requiem: Lacrimosa

I chose this video because it has a very good animation to go with it! What a beautiful piece of music. But I love it for the melody.

Regina Specter- Samson
Very good. Every time!

Rufus Wainwright- Art Teacher

I know a lot of people aren't a huge fan of Rufus because of his voice. I don't mind his voice, and I think he's an absolutely brilliant melody writer. His phrases are so loooonnng!


Jeff Buckley performing Cohen's Hallelujia

There are a lot of versions of this song (including one by Rufus W.) but this is the best.

That's all I can think of right now, and if I add any more you might get sick of melodies and walk away! Or, leave this page.... you know what I mean. I hope five melodies was just enough to satisfy you today!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment